Tuesday Teaching!






Summer vacation is here!! This is my top 10 ways to relax this summer! This list is NOT just geared toward my teacher followers. Everyone needs to find ways to relax during the summer!





#1. Depending on where you live, take advantage of the great weather and get outside!! I live in Maine where our winter lasted well into April and then we had a crazy amount of rain. I am loving the fact that I can go outside and not be all bundled up! Hello vitamin D!!!!













#2. Unplug from technology, don't get me wrong..I love technology and social media as much as anyone else but I have been making a conscious effort to not be on my phone as much and I can definitely feel the difference in my mood and how I feel.









#3. Take naps. I love a good nap and my pups love to join me for a good nap too! The only time I allow myself to really nap is during the summer, I don't feel the pressure of getting it all done like I do during the school year and I am actually able to relax enough to nap.





#4. Take some time for yourself, set boundaries with those in your life about alone time. My guy often works for home and I am not ashamed to say that I kick him out when I am feeling like I want a day at home to myself.





#5. Hang out with your friends and LAUGH!!! One of my goals this year has been to reconnect with a few old friends. Part of my own happiness and the ability to relax comes from cultivating and maintaining good healthy relationships with my girlfriends.





#6. Binge watch a series or two! One of the series I am binge watching is the whole last season of The Big Bang Theory. Once they announced they were ending the show I stopped watching and decided I would be saving it for summer break. This is mostly because I knew I would be a hot mess for the end.....so I figured I would wait for vacation to let all the emotions flow freely.





#7. Actually do some of your favorite hobbies, jewelry making and photography, and reading are some of mine and I am happy to report I have made time for jewelry making and reading with plans to get out there to take some photos soon!













#8. Pamper yourself, get a massage or a facial, or a mani/pedi, or just take a nice long bath.





#9. Exercise! Physical activity is not only good for you, it makes you feel great too! Take a walk, go on a hike, take a dip in a pool or lake...anything to just get moving!









#10. Go on a road trip! Explore! We took a short road trip with one of our pups to a charcuterie a few towns over, last week....the perfect way to spend the day! road trips are like mini-staycations!









What are some ways you relax over the summer??


Comments

  1. These are amazing suggestions, I especially like the pampering one. Thanks for sharing! Just saw that you are from Maine. I love your state of Maine. I have visited Bar Harbor, Boothbay, Kennebunkport, Camden, Noetheast, and Arcadia National Park. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts